There are so many great reasons to stay with us with summer in the grounds of Leeds Castle, aside from the free passes for A YEAR, the access to the grounds after all the day visitors have gone home and the most luxurious of features in your holiday home, Mulberry Cottages has thoughtfully rounded up a selection of special events to make your stay even more perfect:
- ‘What the Butler Saw’ Exhibition, a unique peek into the upstairs/downstairs relationship at Leeds Castle during the vibrant 1930′s when the castle played host to playboys, bachelors and high society entertained by the inimitable Lady Bailie.
- On the 14th July, Leeds Castle hosts a Heritage Event, The Classical Open Air Concert. With amazing performances from the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, leading sopranos and tenor performances and the wonderful Military Wives! Bring a picnic and get a ticket for £35 or be seated for £45- either way you are guaranteed an awe-inspiring evening out.
- Leeds Castle welcomes the arrival of the Olympic Flame on the 19th July with a celebration including Rizzle Kicks as well as a specially commissioned welcome song performed by local adults and children… to find out about tickets for this contact Maidstone Borough Council
- From the 27th July to the 12th August, Leeds Castle harks back to its medieval roots with a range of fun and interative activities to get involved in… why not try your hand at archery, quiot throwing and tug of war as well as a special visit from the Knights on the 30th July and 2nd August to recreate the excitement of a medieval jousting tournament!
- On the 10th August, Leeds Castle opens its gates to the weird and wonderful in an open air showing of ‘The Rocky Horror Picture Show’ in the grounds… dust off the corsets and warm up your singing voice for a rocking good time! For the over 12′s only and with a very special guest in the shape of writer and star of the film, Richard O’Brian- it promises to be an unforgettable night (well worth the £15 entrance fee).
Why not check with us online to book one of our amazing holiday properties situated in the grounds of Leeds Castle, from the secluded romance of Weir Cottage to the luxurious features for all the family at Castle View, Keepers House, Broomfield Cottage or Knight’s Cottage, there is plenty of choice! With so much to see and do this summer, come rain or shine; whisk your gang off on a holiday that no one will ever be able to forget!