Top Ten tips for Holiday Letting
Thinking of holiday letting your home? It may have crossed your mind, it’s a great way to earn an income and you may live in a gorgeous part of the British Isles, in a pretty country village or perhaps in one of our cities where guests would love to visit the sights, explore the great shopping or enjoy a show at one of the many theatres dotted around the UK
Here’s some tips to help you make it run smoothly…
- Make your holiday property stand out from the crowd, Guests staying at your holiday home are looking for something special and to a standard as least as good as their own home and as most guests don’t visit your house before their holiday its important that the photos really show off the property at its best. That's why we use a professional photographer for all our holiday houses to make sure we show our properties off to their very best.
- Remove personal items, such as photo frames but leave any books and games for those rainy days.
- Think about those all important finishing touches to make your home really welcoming. A personal note, a gift of local produce, some fresh eggs or even a home made cake
- Spend money on your beds! - A comfy nights sleep always encourages guests to return to your holiday home.
- Insurance - You will need holiday cottage insurance which includes public liability
- Fire Risk - Complete a Fire Risk Assessment and put it in a Welcome Folder in the property. This helps guests to understand how they leave the property in event of a fire.
- Local tips - You will know the area better than most, so why not share your favourite places with your guests so they can have a truly ‘local’ experience finding those hidden gems that only the locals know about.
- Bed linen and towels - Buy good quality bed linen, white is generally best and colourful or dark towels work well.
- Cleanliness – Make sure it is immaculate, kitchens and bathrooms need to sparkle, your reviews are your future business.
- Furnishings - When styling the rooms, make them look interesting and comfortable – the more unusual properties let really well
If you’d like some help with holiday letting, we’d love to hear from you, if you click here you will find our owner managers who will help you with any queries and get you up and running as a Mulberry Cottages owner. If you’d prefer to chat on the phone, we’re on hand to answer any questions 7 days a week on 01227 464958.
To understand the standard needed to holiday let, take a look at the whole collection of holiday cottages by visiting our website .