It seems to be the way of the world, if you live in a country, you don’t visit all the wonderful sights as much as you would like to and thinking about 10 reasons to book a holiday in the UK has made us think there is so much to enjoy here! We have some fabulous holiday cottages all over the UK, creating the perfect base for your visit.
- Ancient monuments – Stonehenge attracts thousands visitors to the ancient stone circle and on the longest day of the year, they wait to praise the summer sunrise.
Hadrian’s Wall built by the Romans is a British triumph and The White Horse in Oxfordshire which is 374 feet long and at roughly two to three thousand years old is Britain’s most ancient hill figure
- London and all the sights – Buckingham Palace, the Tower of London and a ride on a London Bus to name a few.
- English pubs with delicious locally brewed beer to try and often excellent pub food at good prices.
- The Royal Family – with a new baby girl in the Royal household, we cannot get enough of them. We love to watch the changing of the guards and visit Buckingham Palace.
- Music festivals – we are very proud of our British bands and have hundreds of music festivals lined up including Glastonbury and Reading Festivals.
- Oxford and Cambridge – these stunning University cities are a must for any visitor.
- British seafronts such as Brighton, St Leonards and wonderful beaches such as Camber Sands in Sussex and Polzeth in Cornwall.
- Castles, houses and gardens – Stately homes to thatched cottages, we have some amazing British buildings.
- Countryside – For example, Kent known as The Garden of England is just across the Channel from Europe and has so many amazing historic towns and villages and beautiful countryside, with apple orchards, oast houses and even hops, perfect for your introduction to the British way of life. Come and stay in a countryside holiday cottage, we have lots of choice.
- The Lake District, if you love the great outdoors you will be in heaven, leave the car and walk for miles.
- The West Country has rolling hills and beautiful little villages, thatched roofs and stunning churches, plus the most fabulous coastline, with coves and bays to die for! Check out our cottages in Somerset, cottages in Devon or our Dorset holidy cottages.
- The British people love to tell you all about our wonderful country, where to eat, what to see and how to get from A to B!