Autumn is a wonderful time of year to get groups of friends or family together, not only does the countryside look absolutely stunning and the weather is often superb, our holiday cottages are much better value.
Here are a few tips to make your holiday easier and more relaxing.
- Get you group together. This may sound obvious but you need to make your list and get everyone to confirm, you don’t want to be left holding the baby when you are booking group accommodation in holiday cottages.
- Make sure the cottage suits all your requirements. If you have anyone with limited mobility, check there is accommodation on the ground floor, there is wheelchair access and it is easy to park close to the property.
- Learn about the surrounding area. With so many people to think about, it is advisable to find out as much as possible about the possible days excursions. For ideas you can always look at our Things to Do section on the website.
- Discuss how you will travel to the chosen holiday cottage. If the group decides on a city break, it may be preferable to take the train, so as not to arrive with too many vehicles that will require parking. If you can car share, you may be able to save fuel as if you are in the country or by the sea, it is possible that sharing a vehicle will be easy as you may be able to walk to the beach or to the pub for lunch.
- Plan your meals. Perhaps you can prepare a few meals in advance of arriving at your group accommodation, such as a lasagne or cottage pie. Such a relief when you arrive with a large group of family or friends and supper only means making a salad and heating up a delicious feast!
With these tips in mind, you are sure to have a very successful group holiday in one of our Mulberry cottages!
Looking for a large house in the country?
Clendon Manor is near Wellingborough, Northamptonshire
Sleeps: 18+2 | Bedrooms: 9 | From £4,200
It’s perfect for bringing several generations together, large family and group gatherings and milestone celebrations.
Grand Ash House is a haven for family groups and special occasions, an opulent retreat in which to relax, situated on the edge of the quintessentially English village of Mayfield.
Sleeps: 10 | Bedrooms: 6 | From £825
Or maybe you prefer the seaside?
Sleeps: 10 | Bedrooms: 5 | From £1,012
Wonderful views over the sea, perfect for spending time away from the rest of the world.
For more information about our Holiday Cottages in the UK or our Luxury Cottage Holidays please call the knowledgeable Mulberry Cottages booking team on 01227 464958 or email us on email@example.com