Life is so busy and sometimes we feel our feet don’t touch the ground! Have you heard the word ‘mindfullness’ in conversation recently. It seems a bit of a buzz word and teaches us to stop trying to do a million things at once! Holidays often give the best opportunity to try this out, we have a few little tips to help you switch off while you are having some well earned time off.
1. Watch the sunrise or sunset – most of our properties have fab views, some even do the panoramic bit.
This activity is free, it can be done from anywhere and is sure to leave a lasting impression. If you are in the country, with view stretching off into the hilly distance or on a rooftop terrace, amid beautiful church spires and roof tiles, this is a memorable and uplifting experience.
2. Listen to birdsong – can you tell the difference between a blackbird and a song thrush? Stop and listen and try and work it out, there are even apps to help you such as Bird Song ID – so relaxing and quite addictive!
3. Get away from screens! We can offer spa treatments from a company who will visit your holiday cottage.
4. Close your eyes, take 5 deep breaths and try not to think of anything.
5. Go for a walk and leave your mobile phone behind!
If you need to get away and have some time to reflect, we have some wonderful cottages all over the UK, just call our friendly booking office and they will be happy to help, they are on hand 7 days a week on 01227 464958.