Salisbury Christmas Market – 28th November to 21st December
This year Salisbury will be hosting its second Christmas Market, bringing with it some wonderful stalls in the historic setting of the Guildhall Square. The market runs from 28th November to 21st December and was rated by the Daily Telegraph in 2012 as one of the ‘Top 10 Christmas Markets in the UK’.
- A procession of 100 lanterns through the streets of Salisbury for the official opening on Thursday 28th November.
- Carol services at Salisbury Cathedral – see the Events page for dates and times
- A Festival of Trees at St Thomas’s Church with 100 decorated trees – gorgeous!
- Father Christmas Grotto opens Thursday 5th December
- Delicious Wiltshire Farm’s Market
- The top-rated Christmas Market, of course … and so much more.
For more magical Christmas experiences in Wiltshire, try:
- Longleat’s Winter Wonderland in Longleat, Warminster – hear the singing Christmas tree, have a skate on real ice at the ice skating rink or step aboard the Santa Special Train and visit Father Christmas in his grotto. Best to book tickets for this one.
- The Christmas Tree Fair at Larmer from the 6th to 8th December
- A traditional Victorian country house Christmas at Lydiard House from 30th November to 29th December
- A Christmas Wonderland at STEAM Museum on Saturday 30th November and Sunday 1st Decemberwith 50 luxury market stalls selling fine gifts, confectionery and fayre, plus live musical entertainment, the legendary STEAM Santa’s Grotto and other children’s activities.
- The Calne Winter Festival on Saturday 23rd November
- The Devizes Christmas Festival with a spectacular Street Festival on Friday 29th November with live music, street theatre shows and a gigantic parade of lanterns
Christmas is most definitely a time for celebrations, lots of laughter, and most importantly, gathering your nearest and dearest under one roof! For the best Christmas cottages, book now – they go quickly.
Bath Christmas Market – 28th November to 15th December
Starting on Thursday 28th November, the quaint streets and square between the stunning Bath Abbey and the internationally renowned Roman Baths are transformed into a Christmas shopper’s haven at Bath Christmas Market.
- Bath Christmas Market with 150 traditional wooden chalets offering handmade gifts, decorations and delicious food and drink from 28th November to 15th December
- Open air ice rink in Royal Victoria Park from 22nd November to 5th January
- Carols by Candlelight service by the City of Bath Bach Choir at the Pump Room on 18th, 19th and 20th December (book early!)
- Christmas at the American Museum with handmade decorations, winter treats and excellent winter and Christmas displays – 28th November to 22nd December. Great for families.
It’s all go in the West Country.
Whether it is a short break for shopping, a magical Christmas cottages break or even a pet friendly holiday, we have something for you. Don’t hesitate to be in touch – contact the Mulberry Cottage booking staff on 01227 464 958 or email us on email@example.com