We currently have the following job openings available:
Business Development Manager, Gloucestershire, Wiltshire, Avon, Somerset
To seek, value, contract and account manage excellent quality holiday homes across the Gloucestershire, Wiltshire, Avon and Somerset region.
Mulberry Cottages sells dreams, where the sun shines, life is slower, and everyone is happy and having fun.
Thanks to the locations and unique distinctiveness of the properties, Mulberry Cottages has developed significantly since it began in 2006. 10 years on, Mulberry is a premium brand known for its high standard of self-catering accommodation and excellent customer service, with presence in three high street locations (Kent, Hampshire and Gloucestershire) and over 600 luxury properties throughout UK, Mulberry continues to achieve year on year success.
Launched by Sarah Wood, as a spin off from her successful rural estate agency, she owns, directs, influences and runs the business with a very hands-on mind-set. The guests and owners are at the forefront of Mulberry culture and strong commitment and a ‘can do’ attitude from the entire Mulberry team is at the core of the business.
Mulberry is on an exciting journey; nobody knows how tall this tree will grow, but growing it is!
- Pro-actively promoting the Mulberry Cottages brand to the market to generate new holiday property valuation opportunities (organically and self-generated)
- Research and identify new sales leads, developing new business in new and existing areas
- Attend valuation meetings, negotiating and converting valuations into Mulberry clients.
- Managing the contracting process to grow new property to the portfolio.
- Maximize the sales and commercial opportunities with existing owners and other suppliers with ongoing commercial analysis and management of property portfolio performance.
- Be a true ambassador, for Mulberry Cottages establishing rapport and maintaining healthy relationships.
- Write quality and engaging content for new properties and assist marketing team in order to maximise sales.
- Attending networking events and trade fairs; promoting the company to corporate clients, the general public and tourism bodies to help generate sales.
- Keep abreast with relevant legislative requirements
- Monitor the competition, prices and activity, providing regular feedback to other team members within the business development team.
- Provide product training and support internally by promoting new and existing properties to the sales team to encourage bookings.
- Assisting other teams with trouble shooting and problem solving with both paying guests and property owners.
REPORTING AND KPIS
- Ensure weekly figures are updated and reported to area manager on all KPIs and property pipelines.
- Monthly conversion rate %
- Client Retention.
- Quality standards across the portfolio.
- Average target commission level %.
- Holiday sales within your portfolio.
You will need to be:
- Driven, focused, tenacious and goal seeking with excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) together with a motivated and self-starting attitude.
- Skilled in prioritisation with excellent time management skills.
- Proven track record within sales, and account management, preferably from within the travel industry.
- Smart and professional in appearance and presentation.
- An excellent negotiator with a positive approach and determined attitude.
- Have a good knowledge of the South East area - desirable.
- Flexible in your approach to work with the ability to work proactively in isolation when needed.
- Passionate about providing superb customer service.
- Able to work to deadlines.
QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office package and general computer literacy.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a new business development or account management role.
- Clean driving license
Salary: OTE up to £32K
- Full time, permanent
- Company car
- Mainly out in the field, with regular visits to Mulberry office in Cheltenham. You will be based in Gloucestershire, Wiltshire, Avon or north Somerset.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to:
17 New Dover Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 3AS
T: 01227 806311