What makes this area so special
Set on 1 on the 150 Cotswold’s lakes Kingfisher Lake House is the perfect base to enjoy everything that is on offer in the area. On the lake, and a few steps from your door, you will find a small brasserie offering a selected menu and bar and also a watersports base where you can go wet and wild and try your hand at waterskiing, wakeboarding or ringo riding.
If this all seems a little fast-paced then there are so many other options to try. You will find sailing, canoeing, and paddle boarding on the next lake. Bike hire, angling and even the biggest inland beach in the UK all within a mile or two.
The biggest attraction of the area is the walking and wildlife, no matter what time you visit the lakes the scenery is always changing and there is something new to see every day. The famous Thames path snakes all the way through the lakes and down to the Saxon town of Cricklade and even onto Lechlade.
- Spar shop located around a mile away in the village of South Cerney
- The Royal Oak pub - South Cerney - 1 mile
- The Potting Shed (pub) - 9 miles
- Four Pillars Hotel with bar, restaurant and spa (contact the owner for discounted passes) - 0.5 miles
- A great selection of supermarket’s, shops, bars and restaurants can be found in Cirencester - 4 miles
- Highgrove House, Westonbirt Arboretum and Tetbury - 13 miles
- Malmesbury - 14 miles
- Stow-on-the-Wold - 23 miles